Friday, December 5, 2008

Drinking and Shopping

So, I'll admit I've never really been on a date. But I've had dinner with folks I didn't know very well. Folks where having a drink or two really, really helped get me through an hour and a half dinner. It made the sense of awkwardness dissipate. It took the edge off. It made me more likely to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yesterday night, I left MacTroll and X-man alone in the hotel room at 7:40 p.m. and went to meet my friend Curly for drinks and we took an impromptu shopping trip to Nordstrom's (it was connected to our hotel building so we didn't have to go outside). And good god, Nordstrom's is desperate for Christmas shoppers.

They were serving drinks. Hot chocolate with dabs of white chocolate at the bottom and peppermint sticks, Cosmo holiday drinks (with floating cranberries), chocolate chip cookies (still warm) with shots of milk. It was insane. Get people all liquored up and chocolate happy and watch them spend their money.

And it worked. I picked up one pretty bra and a dress. Me in a dress -- doesn't usually happen. But it was pretty, and it looked nice. And it made me feel -- feminine. And it was 60% off the original price (part of the bending over backwards was that everything was on sale). 

Now I just gotta find somewhere I want to wear it. :-P

7 comments:

makeup_girl said...

I love the dress! Is that the color you got it in?

Misc said...

That dress is gorgeous and I bet it looks fab on you!

And score one for Nordstrom's - giving drinks to customers. You don't see that everyday.

The Fearless Freak said...

Saturday dude!

It looks great :)

Amy said...

Wow! That is beautiful!

SunnyD said...

I need to have it taken in a little in the bust. The smaller size fit fine, except my linebacker shoulders kind of pulled the zipper material a bit so it bunched. So, I figured, I could somehow get someone to someone to make me feel like the girls aren't going to fall out but keep the back from bunching... Misc, got any recommendation on tailoring folks?

MakeupGirl, yes, I got it in the chocolate brown. The only other color the dress came in was a royal blue, but I didn't see any at this store. They only had them online.

Anonymous said...

super cute!!! wanna wear it to my Teacher of the Year banquet in May ? ;)

SunnyD said...

Have you been nominated -- AGAIN?