Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm Doing It!

Woo hoo! Look at me. I got through my first week of my planned, intensive work out schedule. I stuck to my goal of not eating fast food (much to X-man's dismay) and I avoided cocktails.

Things I did this week:

1. Survived my first 60-minute Turbokick class
2. Attended Stretch classes MWF.
3. Survived 30 minutes of a "non-beginner" step class.
4. Completed a full 60-minutes of strength training. (Sure, I was the biggest person in there with the smallest weights, but ya gotta start somewhere).
5. Walked Thursday and Friday 
6. Wrote down what I've been eating at looseyeats.blogspot.com

I'm very excited about all of this. My goal is to do something like it every week during the work week. But I may have to fill in a Saturday or Sunday here and there just for the hell of it. :-) 

The best part: I've worked out like this and my body has only been MILDLY sore from any of it. There was some light shoulder and arm tightness on Tuesday morning from all the punching on Monday. And I'm guessing on Saturday, I'll be a bit stiff from today's killer strength training (I didn't think I was gonna make it -- by the time we got to the abs at the end my inner thighs were SHAKING as I was just holding up my legs, never mind that I was supposed to be doing scissorkick sit ups.)

But I did it. And I had fun. And I've got no shame of walking into a class with a bunch of gym rats with perfect BMI and pulling out a step and doing something I've only done 2 or 3 other times. Seriously. That says a lot about me this week.

Better yet, I did all of this while organizing a 50-person holiday party, caring for a cat who had his teeth pulled on Tuesday, finishing my Christmas cards, finishing wrapping my Christmas presents AND single parenting. 

Yeah, I'm tired. But I'm proud. 4 hours and 22 minutes until MacTroll's plane lands. :-) 

Tomorrow I think I'll treat myself to a trip to Lincoln Square for the Holiday mart.

4 comments:

Quigs78 said...

AWESOME! I swear, I'll see you at the gym next week.

And you may want to think of a different reward. We hit the Holiday Mart last weekend and it was meh.

Misc said...

You have every right to be proud. You're amazing!

I'm cheering you on.

~rachel~ said...

Wow awesome job!! You are really inspiring me to start excercising and eating better. But first I have to make up for the whole diabetes thing duringlast years holiday. Seriously you are inspiing me!!:)

Cyberchick said...

You are a rock star! So inspirational! Come January you are going to kick some serious ass when all the newbies invade the gym.... :)