Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hello out there?

Where, oh where, have my gym buddies gone? Oh, where oh, where could they be?

I saw Cyberchick on Monday in her awesome Turbokick class.
Has illness started to take over your houses? What's happening?

I did 30 minutes of step today. The teacher came up to me and introduced her self and made sure I knew it wasn't a beginners class. I told her that I thought if I could make it through 60 minutes of Turbokick with Cyberchick, I could do 30 minutes of her class. 

The basic stuff I was good at. The turning around on the step or straddling it -- not so good at it. I'm going back next Wednesday again to try again.

As for tomorrow, I'm walking at 9:30 a.m. with Libbygirl at the mall for an hour. On Friday I'll be in the stretch class and then the Team Strength Class. Anyone with me? 

Plus, Special K is up for some walking... maybe on Friday or Saturday... 

If MacTroll's home on Sunday, I might go to the Yolates from 6:30-7:45 p.m....


6 comments:

makeup_girl said...

Oh how I wish I was there too. If it's not the kids being sick or the weather, then we're out of town. Today I'm getting over my stomach flu.
What is the team strength class like?

The Fearless Freak said...

Do you guys have the free week trial? I'm thinking about doing that in the next couple of weeks, just so I can actually work out a bit until I can get back to my stuff.

I can't do it this week though because I'm deeping cleaning my house and that has to come first since I started this mission :)

Quigs78 said...

Dude, we had illness upon illness for two weeks. Then, between Tiny Tigers and speech therapy, I was screwed. This was going to be my week to go, but PG had a doctor's appt on Monday and I had no car on Tuesday. Today I had a meeting at Head Start to talk about speech services for Bubba after he turns three.

But Tiny Tigers is over now, so we're clear until February there.

And the plan is to be there tomorrow and Friday! It's been almost a month since I've been there and I am so feeling the jiggle! :(

SunnyD said...

Makeup_girl -- It's strength training. So we use a bit of everything, hand weights, weight balls, yoga mat, stability ball, straps, bands -- it's full body, so I'm usually sore for two days after I take it from push ups and sit ups... but sometimes my triceps and chest muscles are a bit tight too.

All I know is that when I walk out -- I feel like I have completely used every part of my body. It requires absolutely no hoping around or superhero coordination or professional ballet dancer grace. Just a little bit of form.

Freak -- They do offer a free week. Just go in and tell them you were referred by Quigs and they'll give you the free week pass.

I have a few day cards though, if you want to try that down the line.

Cyberchick said...

This is the last week of construction on our basement! We have had to stay home while the workers are here (that's a story for the eliptical BTW).

I always tell people it takes 4-6 step classes to start to feel comfortable. Turns and straddles are definitely advanced, so don't worry about those. Good for you for going!! Whose class did you take?

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

I actually have a certificate for 3 months and a free training session. But after looking at their class schedules and my schedule, I don't think it will work.

So if anyone wants to buy a 3 month membership plus 1 free personal training session, let me know. I'll sell for $50 (what was given for it at a silent auction) and I think it's worth about $300.

Bummer for me because I would really like to work out.