Monday, January 12, 2009

Don't call me a co-ed

I started at school today. This time as a student. I'm taking three classes this semester. Two on campus at Parkland and one online. And I'm really excited about my first class. It's Programming for Young Children (ages 2-6). Pretty much it's a lot like the work I already do with my family group, but I get to focus on the actual educational theory behind the practical application rather than just lighting a fire on the seat of my pants and hoping it goes well.

Then after a great morning at my first class, I logged into my psych class online. I have a chapter to read and digest and some homework to do for it before Sunday. To celebrate me doing something I want to do for myself,  MacTroll took me out to lunch at Thara Thai, which was awesome. I got my favorite soup and some hot tea. 

This morning when I dropped X-man off at school, he was confused because he thought he was going to Mommy's school, too. :-) But he was happy to go inside and see his friends. 

2 comments:

Lavender Lemonade said...

Woo-hoo, back in the saddle again. Did you have you backpack all packed with new pencils and notebooks? Isn't it cool to take classes you already know something about! That's the best thing about going back to school after living a little. :)

The Fearless Freak said...

I loved taking the child development classes after I had kids. They were a cake walk, although occasionally my real world exprience would clash with the theory, which always caused me to argue with the teacher about it LOL