Monday, January 26, 2009

A Note From My Bed

I am home sick today. I threw up my breakfast. I got X-man ready to go to pre-school, so I could get some rest only to find that I had a flat tire waiting for me in the garage.

Being the "whatever" woman that I am. I cranked up my car to the cheers of my excited, car-obsessed toddler and started to change the tire. Unfortunately, the nuts were on so tight that I couldn't get them loose. Not even using my uber strong recumbent bike legs. Sigh. 

I gave up and called the neighbors. Supershawn was on a conference call, so his wife, Supershanna took me and X-man to pre-school this morning. I did the drop off and went home. Then while I was trying to sleep, Supershawn wandered over, changed my tire, shut my garage door and quietly slipped out the back. I mean, Riley didn't even hear him. Stealthy!

I worked on school stuff and wrote half of the Humane Society newsletter. I tried to sleep, but I keep getting the chills. I have no fever, and I kept my small cracker-based lunch down so I think I'm on the mend. 

But I give up on the nap. I'm going downstairs to finish copying my old address book into the new one. I need something mindless to do for a while before I get up the gumption to go get X-man this afternoon.

4 comments:

Quigs78 said...

I hope it's just some weird random thing for the day and that you feel better!

If you need us to take X-man for a while so you can rest, just call!

Amy said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. What awesome neighbors to come and fix your tire for you!

The Joker is home sick today too. He was throwing up all last night, but he is feeling better now. Hope you feel better soon!!

Lavender Lemonade said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck. Totally cool that you have awesome toddler-toting, tire-fixing neighbors. :) I've heard of a crazy 1 day vomiting sickness going around...hopefully that's all you've got and your back to normal in no time. :)

Lindsay said...

SUCKS that you're sick . . . perhaps you're trying to do too much and your plumb popped out?

I'm also more than happy to have Xander over any evening you need a few hours to recoup. Just let me know.

Also, we're due a drink--any chance you're available this weekend?