Thursday, January 1, 2009

Why we eat out

Okay, so we've been cooking up a storm at our house. And we have a bunch of left overs. So I decided to make them for lunch today.

I reheated some taco for Xander and put it on a plate. 

Then I reheated a bratwurst and put it on my plate. 

Then all hell broke loose.

"My sausage!" he screamed. So I offered to switch. 

"No! My taco!" 

Back and forth. Until he threw a tantrum and cried and lied down on the couch crying and moaning. Only to sit up and say, "Scared of the dark." 

Yeah, um, it's 11:15 a.m. and there's a strong southern exposure lighting up the living room.

Then he noticed -- I had eaten the taco.

"Mommy, go away! Go away! My plate! My taco!"

So, um, I did what any mother does. I started laughing uncontrollably. 

I laughed so hard that I had to usher myself upstairs and left MacTroll knee deep in a temper tantrum while he was trying to use the leftover grilled chicken in his new George Foreman grill/griddle/wafflemaker/panini machine that he purchased at Wal-mart yesterday. Why a George Foreman you ask? Because he found out that in all stores in Savoy -- charcoal is a seasonal item that isn't around in January. Cause he's the only insane person willing to stand out in 15 degree weather to grill. 

Ahhh -- the tirade has ended with MacTroll putting Toy Story up on the big screen. With any luck, the little crazed lunatic will pass out on the couch.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love that you just laughed hysterically and walked away. I often laugh hysterically at my own children. Often for things that if I don't laugh I would scream.

I also love that you have a perfect 300 posts for the 2008 year. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Schnucks has charcoal. We just got some last weekend. It isn't just your husband, my boyfriend cooked ribeyes just this past weekend.

SunnyD said...

Thanks, Mary. I just asked MacTroll if he looked by the mustard area next to the deep freeze where they keep the brats and he looked at me blankly. Then I asked if he actually asked anyone at the store. "Why would I do that? I walked up and down that place."

Um -- yeah. So one of his super powers isn't looking for things. He's not a great "finder."

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, yes. I was the one who found the charcoal there! He was convinced it would be up front by the ice since it is "seasonal". Yeah. LOL. Sigh. Gotta love them.