Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just call me Oscar

I'm in a bad mood today. 

I have a headache and a cold.

My child kept me up half of the night because he doesn't seem to understand that he still needs to nap during the day, or he falls asleep in the car on the way to return videos at quarter to 6 p.m. and won't wake up for anything -- until it's time for Mom to go to bed -- and then he keeps her up with wild rumpus like behavior until it's way past any person's bedtime. Only to have to get up at 7 a.m. How obnoxious was he? Riley, the dog, actually begged to go downstairs and sleep alone on the couch rather than be anywhere near the second floor.

I've just dropped my monster off at pre-school. Instead of going to the gym, I'm taking a nap and we'll see if life starting at 11 a.m. is at least headache free. 

Then I will go shopping at Wal-mart, one of my least favorite things to do, and then I'll either try to take a walk or go to the gym, depending on the state of my cold, before I fetch the X-man from school.


4 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry to hear you're having a shitty day!

I hope you feel better soon. Take a nap and relax.

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Don't go to Wal-Mart, it can't be good for one's health or disposition.

Feel better.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Even the dog begged for escape.

That actually made me laugh. Hope your day got better.

Lindsay said...

Sorry you're feeling crappy. Maybe a nice soak in that hot tub of yours is in order.

I struggled with 4 days of nasty respiratory crap to be capped off with a night full of barfing . . . I was never sick pre-child, the little germ gremlins.

I hope you feel better soon.