Thursday, January 15, 2009

MMM, Knowledge is Power, go figure.

I've been in my early childhood education classes for one week. And in that one week I can tell you that I should have taken them rather than any of the baby classes at Carle. They are way more interesting and way more useful. 

They show an organization to all the things I've learned trial by fire, and for freaks like myself who like clear direction within a creative, open and safe environment, they really do fill in some gaps. 

Sigh, so if you're a new parent or you're going to be. You might want to check out your local community college and sign up for their infant and toddler class now. Do the pre-school one further down the line. Seriously. It's amazing what you learn -- so you know the right questions to ask, so you understand you're not insane and so you realize that you're not alone in  your endeavor down the crazy line of work that is parenting. 

Seriously, worth it. 

1 comment:

The Fearless Freak said...

I've been saying this for years. These classes should be a requirement to have kids. Although, my kids were older by the time I took them and I had pretty much figured it out, it was nice to see them teaching things I already believed.