Friday, September 4, 2009

Changes

I had a physical therapy appointment on Wednesday morning at Carle Foundation Hospital. On my way to my appointment, I stopped to use the bathroom on the 3rd floor. A woman in her late 50s-early-60s was coming out of the men's room mumbling about poor signage. She lead me into the women's restroom after looking briefly at the door and shaking her head.

I noticed this, but didn't really comprehend what the issue was. I just thought it was a simple mistake. So, I went in, did my business, washed my hands singing the Happy Birthday song twice after reading a blog article the day before on rampant infections spread at hospitals (I know Rogers and Quigs are so proud of my random germaphobe thought since I'm the mother of the kid who eats everything he drops on the floor. Don't judge! You try and stop him. Seriously, I've been bitten enough by him this lifetime.) When I walked out of the bathroom, I almost ran smack into another woman, around the same age as the one I had gone into the bathroom with who was staring down the men's room door.

"Why do they put the baby changing sign on the men's door, too?" She said aloud to no one in particular. "It's confusing." 

Ahhhhhhhh. 

Times have changed. 

No comments: