Sunday, September 13, 2009

Slow Poke

So, I've been walking a lot this summer. I moved my mile time from 18-minute miles to 14-minute miles. Recently, I've been allowed to return to running on hard surfaces, and I find it funny that I walked home from the gym the other day for 3.5 miles at just under 14-minute miles (according to the g-map pedometer and my iPod) but I also do my 3-mile interval run at THE SAME SPEED. One would think that I'd be somehow faster, but I must be walking a lot slower on my recovery walks than I normally do. On the other hand, I haven't been injuring myself or having any issues breathing, so I guess that's a win/win situation.

Next Sunday morning, I'll be participating in the Ambulance Chase 5k to benefit A Woman's Fund. It's the first one I've done where I've actually planned on running part of it. I'll be doing my 4-minute run, 2-minute walk intervals. And at my current speed, it should take just under 45 minutes, which is apparently, as long as it would take me if I walked it entirely. 

Fast I am not, but I do feel like I could go on forever when I'm out there.

3 comments:

Quigs78 said...

I'm not fast, either. :(

I'm planning on running it, and I don't expect to finish in less than 45 either! :P

I'm starting to get a little nervous. But I'll have my Garmin! Yay!

Leah said...

You're both going to do great! Finishing is the goal, no matter you get there!

Kristen said...

Yay! Wish I could join you for the 5K, but I'm back at square 1 with my walking/running.