Sunday, September 20, 2009

Not bad for a girl with a cold

Today I ran my first 5k. And by run, I mean intervals, because I'm a faux runner. My usual mile time is around 13:30 doing my 3-mile runs during the week.

But today, I did it in just under 12:30 minutes per mile. There was no one around me, so I can't say that I was sped up by the crowd. Plus, there were hills. However, I got passed up by the leader before I even finished my first lap. But I finished.

Now I guess this means that I have to try some sort of formal program so I can continue to improve. I ran with several friends this morning, and they all finished and did a great job!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO DANA!!!!!!!!! And you did all while under the weather -- you should be SO proud of yourself!!!

Lauren

Quigs78 said...

You did a fantastic job! I'm very proud of you! :)