Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Organizational Weirdo

I spent a quality 5 1/2 hours in my garage today. I swept the floors. I de-deadbugged the windows. I swept off the shelves. I threw things out, reorganized the shelves and labeled them. Then I set up some tables and started sorting through a couple dozen boxes of clothing, toys and books for the bi-annual CARE swap. 

Every spring and every fall, folks clean out their closets and we have a free-for-all exchange. I have to limit the number of people who come (and a few extras snuck in this time due to some RSVP errors) but we do a big potluck, I get some pizza, the kids play outside in the yard, and everyone goes through the well-sorted items and then we donate the leftovers. It's very green. And it's a crazy busy 3 hours. But I like doing it. Mostly because I get stuff out of my house, which, let's face it, is my sick obsession here. I love organizing things.

I've been visiting consignment sales a lot lately to drop off some of X-man's stuff and some of my stuff. I like to build up the sales and then go on a little shopping spree for our new sizes. But he's starting to get to the end of the sizes at All Things Kids, now that he's a 4T pants and a 5T shirt. But I seem to be fairing pretty well in the mediums (!) over at Karen's Kloset.

Now I have two new consignment events to explore. The new Frogs and Fairies in Urbana does kids stuff. And the Divine Consign event Oct. 1-3 in Urbana.

2 comments:

Quigs78 said...

W00T on the Ms! Such a skinny girl you are. :)

I'm going to hit F&F with PG today or Friday while Bubba is in school. I have a list of 20 different places I want to go on M/W/F now. :P

Cyberchick said...

F&F is so nice, and I believe they go up to kids size 12, whatever that means. And they pay cash. :)