Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dear Savoy, Champaign and Urbana Communities:

Just a warning that I went shopping the other day for new fitness shorts/capris on sale/clearance. Buying clothes as you get smaller (or bigger) is expensive. By now the changing in sizes has gotten a little old, at least until I start in a pant size that begins with a single digit. But for workout clothes that only come in S, M, L, XL, XXL there is wiggle room. I wiggled my room into a S this week. And when you look at me the first thing you're going to notice is a roll of 1" fat (or muffin top) that comes out just above the top of my sweat shorts. Seriously, I did see it. But the M fit just right, and that means in 4 weeks they'll be too big.

So, if you see me out (like I'm about to go out onto the farm roads to do my 80-minute walk), and think, "Dear god woman, buy pants that fit!" Give it 4 weeks. Then when you next drive by you'll think, "Wow, check out her ass -- nice!" Of course, by then it'll probably be cold and I'll have to invest in longer, more insulated running pants, since there's significantly less insulation in my ass these days... funny how that works, isn't it? Lose weight, become really cold all the time. I wonder if that's why skinny girls are notoriously known in phat circles as being bitches? The poor things are just physically cold.

Something to think about for my walk.

1 comment:

iamarogers said...

I... love the thoughts you have on your walks. This made me smile.