Saturday, September 19, 2009

Slow and easy

Since I'm still a bit under the weather, although headaches and fevers seem to be gone, I decided to wander out for 2 hours today to go to the Monticello Celebration. It's a street fair, and X-man had so much fun he didn't know what to do with himself.

First, he went through an inflatable that looked like a train. Then there was a fishing game and a "pick-a-boat-win-a-prize" game. Then he got a free balloon animal (he wanted a pirate hat for Talk Like a Pirate Day, but the guy didn't have particular balloon knowledge yet, so X-man settled for a puppy). Then MacTroll shared a giant thing of curly fries and a lemon shake up with him, while I ate an apple and sipped on my Diet Pepsi.

After our snack, we purchased a 4' x 4' square canvas that was on the city street and X-man got to paint it (Square 118). While the boys worked on their public art (X-man named his painting -- "Museum is closed, but still happy"), I wandered into the new Village Wardrobe store. I have consigned at the one in Homer before, but hadn't been to this one, which opened earlier this summer. It definitely has more of a boutique feel to it than the last time I was in Homer.

I purchased X-man 4 shirts, a pair of pants, a desperately needed piece of wood train track that had two female ends (รก la carte Melissa and Doug track rocks!) and a Melissa and Doug Dress Up Puzzle. When I was done, I met up with the boys and admired their artistry, before we finished off our tickets by making goo and playing more fishing games.

Now that we're home, I'm pooped. I'm in bed (but I changed the sheets -- hooray) and am about to take a nap. I was hoping to get out to the free symphony concert tonight at Dodds Park to watch the fireworks, but I'm thinking we might just be hanging out at home.

Tomorrow, after all, is the 5k (which I'm not sure yet if I'm walking or running or doing both) and the large neighborhood cookout!

No comments: