Monday, September 14, 2009

iPhone Found

Two months ago, my husband relinquished one of his three iPhones to me. He's gotten a new one every time Apple has released one. The office gave him the first and third. He bought the second when he dropped the first one and didn't think the Apple Store would replace it due to "abuse." However, on a whim, he checked and they took his old one and gave him a new "old" one.

When he gave it to me, it was after I threw away my old motorola cheap one from 1998 while in California. We had stopped because I was carsick on the PCH. I was sick, had a whiny 3-year-old and MacTroll needed to get to a payphone because there was no cell coverage on that particular spot of the PCH, so he could get to a 3 p.m. conference call.

That meant, I inherited the potty training, cranky toddler, the ice cream sandwich and juice his father bought him and my nausea at the same time. Cake to a good mom. And, to my credit, my child didn't fall off the ledge while looking at the ocean. And when he had an explosive poop in his pull up (because he was apparently too afraid to sit on the toilets at the rest stop, he only stood to pee in them), and I'm changing it while dry heaving on the ground near the scenic overview because there was no real appropriate place to change him in the bathroom. My brain went a little crazy. So as I threw away a crappy diaper, tons of wipes, two drink bottles, MacTroll's garbage and the kid's garbage, I apparently tossed my crappy cellphone into the garbage. 

I realized when, an hour later, we were 15 miles down the road. 

Anyway, I inherited Generation 1 iPhone. When MacTroll gave it to me, he said, quite snotty like, "Don't lose it or throw it away!" I ignored the jerkiness of his comment. He was trying to be funny, and besides, who could dwell on the past. I was in love with texting Freak and Quigs. I even toted around an ugly purse so that I would never have too much stuff in my hands ever again and make the same mistake. 

You can imagine my frustration when on Saturday, I go to run errands and can't find it in one of the three places I usually leave it: my desk (where the charger is), the kitchen counter when I come in from the garage or my ugly purse. I go on a giant 3-hour hunt through the house for it. I remembered the last time I used it was Thursday night when KTDID and I went to Schnuck's. And then -- my brain goes blank.

During the swap, KTDID and Quigs went through the house figuring I had just been looking for it too long and missed something. Or we figured we'd find it in a sea of children's clothes when I packed up the SWAP items to donate. But no luck.

Finally, last night MacTroll comes into the garage with a smile on his face. "It was on my desk the whole time."

Mmmm, I don't go into MacTroll's office willingly. And he certainly wouldn't take my phone in there. We both look at X-man. X-man who declares all iPhones -- "Daddy's." X-man who loves going into MacTroll's office. X-man who does stuff like play mailman with my outgoing mail from time to time so that people get their holiday thank yous 6-8 weeks after the holiday (because I figured I already put them in the box). 

Either way, it's all good. I have my phone. I didn't go crazy and lose it. It was taken from me. 

1 comment:

Radioactive Freak said...

WHOOP WHOOP!!