Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hair issues

Last December, I had a short British rocker kind of do. I also dyed my hair back to its normal brown. I liked the cut. I liked the color. But having short hair is outrageously expensive because it requires a cut every 6-8 weeks before you start to look all feathered around the ears like Olivia Newton-John. (Yeah, at age 6 I would have killed for that look while I danced to "Make a Move on Me" in my living room.

Anyway, I decided because of my weight loss expenses the whole hair thing was gonna have to go. So it's been growing out for a year and is now just a bit past my shoulders. It's very fine and light, walnut brown with a few summer highlights in it.

But I'm starting to feel like a helmet head.

So I'm looking for ideas. I hate bangs. I'm not against highlights but I won't regularly get them (usually once every 6 months). I like texture, but at the same time, I'm not likely to even blow dry it much less put product in it unless it's a special occasion. I need wash and go...

Got something you think I'd look good in? Let me know. Cause this is what we're dealing with now. :-)


3 comments:

ktdid said...

I'd forgotten how short it was! Mine's about that long now. weird. We're in the same predicament as far as hair goes. Wish I had some advice. Wigs might me fun! ;)

Angela Z said...

I think you should go with that bob where it's shorter in the back and longer in the front. I still have to get it cut every 7 weeks or so, but it is easy in the mornings when you are rushed. If you let it air dry or blow it half dry, it looks fine and then if you have more time, you can actually use the straightening iron and have it look sleek. You will not be able to wake up and go though because when it's cut like that, you look like a rooster when you wake up in the morning :) I always lament the money I spend keeping up with a shorter haircut, but when my hair is long I just put it in a ponytail every day, so what's the point in having long hair? Plus if I didn't constantly change my hair, what would I have to complain about?!

Anonymous said...

It is so funny that you should post about your hair on Sunday. As I sat behind you on the Ghost Train I said to myself, "Dana's hair is so cute." Seriously, I did. I will spare you the rest of the conversations that I have with my self(lves), as that is really outside the scope of your post!

K