Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Retail Randomness


So before I went to Oakbrook I was looking at coats. One of the ones I liked was this Tahari Wool Blend coat. I like the wide collar. And even though I usually hate ruffles, I think that it makes this coat more feminine than you're usual "dress/work" coat. It's listed at $198 at Nordstroms.com -- without any sales. :-(

After work today, I went to pick up a pair of shoes I bought in the Macy's pre-sale on Monday. I wandered through the coats, just to peak and was shocked to find the coat above with a giant 40 percent off sign. Sweet!

I was so excited to try it on, and it was very cute. But I was sad that I didn't love it. Maybe the cheaper price would sway me!

And then I looked at the tag -- $420! Wait, what?!?

And sure enough, at the Macy's web site, it lists the retail price of the coat as $420 -- but it's on sale for that 40 percent off for $273.

Huh? Yeah, so I put the coat back, picked up my shoes and moved on. But I thought reason 1 for comparison shopping...

No comments: