Thursday, October 8, 2009

Running: How I know I'm serious(ly stupid)

It's pouring outside today, so I figured I get on an elliptical at the gym and stay nice and dry.

Then on my way to drop off X-man at school, I realized that I was being silly. It's just rain. But I have no rainy weather running gear... I'm an amateur. Everything I own is cheap wicking stuff from Wal-mart/Target/Kohl's, which is great for sweat, but does nothing in a pretty dampening rain.

And with the way the weather is going this week (rain, sun, rain, sun) it's likely to be raining for my next 5k race on Sunday morning.

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.

So, I stopped by Body N Sole and gave them some money for a waterproof running jacket that vents sweat. So, by the time you're done, you're wet on the inside from sweat and the outside from rain -- but you aren't chilled to the bone.

In other words, I still looked like a drowned rat. Nice. Now we all know I'm crazy, because any sane person would have just pulled the covers up and gone back to bed on a gray, dreary day like today.

Anyway, here was my rainy run...


2 comments:

Mama2SweetBabyJames said...

The jacket sounds interesting. Wish I would've had that at the July 4th 5k (where Toby and I both looked like drowned rats).

Running in the rain isn't too bad, unless you don't have special running socks. Then you get blisters on your feet. I learned this the hard way.

Quigs78 said...

Good girl! Today was the first day that I set my alarm and got up at 6am so that I could run and be back with time to shower before Neil left for work. Luckily, it didn't start raining until I was 3/4 of the way through. I'm pretty sure if I would've heard rain when my alarm went off, I would've said 'F it' and gone back to sleep. ;)