Friday, May 14, 2010

In My Head

This morning I did something that I don't normally do. I got up at 5 freaking o'clock and went for a run. I aimed for 60 minutes or five miles, whichever came first. (5.25 miles at 10:23/mile) The streetlights were still on. First light was just cracking and sending a warm orange glow over the Prairie Fields subdivision across the street from my house and the temperature, after nearly a week of 25-45 mph gusts, was perfect.

I've had a lot on my mind lately. We're working on some household improvements. (And by we, I mean the flooring professionals at Flooring Surfaces in Champaign and Nusbaum Custom Carpentry in Mansfield) School just ended. X-man's been a constant 4-year-old neurotic puzzle. My husband seems pretty engaged as a father, but kind of tired and checked out and in need of a vacation otherwise. I have a number of friends with uncontrollable life drama happening at the moment. There are other things I know I should be paying more attention to, but I'm not.

Is it just me? Because I'm so distracted, I'm not sure my head is still connected to my body.

No comments: