Friday, April 22, 2011

A Free Day

"Mommy, Aren't all Fridays 'good' Fridays?"

Today, I woke to the alarm at 7:30 and got up and ran 4.5 miles at the track. It was supposed to be a 60-minute run rather than a 45-minute run, but I was a bit lazy because it was a solid gray, rainy morning and who doesn't love to snooze to that? I mean, really. My son slept until 9 a.m. This is unheard of. But I totally took it.

He had a small breakfast and then he went and played the computer while I did dishes and laundry and at 10:45 we headed out to McDonald's to the play place. It was a decent playtime until about 11:30 when masses of parents showed up. We endured until we saw our friend get pushed backwards out of the door of the Playplace and fifteen mothers made a gasping noise while the little guy was scooped up into his mother's arms. At that point, I decided, it was time for us to vacate.

Then we ran some errands picking up some special cheese for MacTroll and home for me to eat lunch. Afterwards we went to the library for new books and then to the movies to see Rio. By the time we got home, X-man was tired. He sat down in front of his new Scooby Doo video from the library and almost fell asleep at my desk. So, we didn't make it to Tae Kwon Do practice. When he felt more lively, he showed me his side kick and his jumping side kick and they were pretty perfect, well as perfect as they're going to get for a five year old. I have to admit, I was pretty impressed.

I tend to like to keep on the move with my kid. But he also likes to just hang out at home and play Legos, which is normally fine with me, but when he finds out that I'm not clued into everything in the make pretend world that he and his father have created, he basically tells me that he'd rather play Legos with Daddy, which is what the boys are doing upstairs while I wait for Freak and J-lady to pick my butt up to head over to see the Brat Pack in Urbana tonight.

====

And I'm back. Basically, I think I partied with 1/2 of the Westview PTA. :-) And it was awesome. And I danced. Well, mostly I danced because I wanted the guy with no teeth to stop talking to me.

1 comment:

The Fearless Freak said...

I told RF that the six of us had more teeth than the whole rest of the bar put together! LOL

It was a great time but I think I'll schedule my groupie time at Jupiters or outdoor venues from now on. It was far too crowded for my taste. :) Of course, I've never seen a girl trying to dirty dance with her boyfriend and fall on her ass at Jupiters so maybe I'll rethink that! LOL