Friday, April 8, 2011

Out of the Mouth of My Babe

I've covered a brash of crazy adult topics this week. Today's entry is also a little adult, but it's one of those parenting moments that makes a mommy like me blush.

The weather is getting nicer, so X-man and I were driving home yesterday with the windows open. X-man hates waiting on red lights when he wants to get somewhere. So when he was two, we started doing the Corrina, Corrina  method of trying to blow at the lights until they change from red to green (4:42 moment of the clip).

He started huffing and puffing, but I waited until I could see the opposite light change to yellow and then I exhaled. The light changed immediately -- shocker. :-)

And then my son, very loudly, said, "Mom, you're the best blower in the whole world! You deserve a prize."

And the guy, sitting in a convertible next to us, just starts laughing profusely.

And here I am, blushing like mad, again!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I've been doing the same thing with Sam for a long time now, and he's made the same comment ;) Luckfully it was during the winter so the windows were up but I lol'd. When he's in a hurry he'll start chanting 'blow, mama, blow!'. Sometimes when the timing is poor, I tell him I really need to concentrate hard (to use up the minutes) :)