Sunday, January 15, 2012

12-Hours in the Burbs

Yesterday, I drove X-man up to Schaumburg. We stopped so he could eat lunch at a McDonald's with a play place at 11 a.m. Then we ended up at Legoland until 1:50. I was not a fan of Legoland when I used to have to watch my child like a hawk to make sure he wasn't destroying other people's Lego cars or trying to bud in line to race. These days, he's a lot more considerate of other friends and protocol. So, we tried Legoland again.

I still think it's much too overpriced for what you get (which is lame rides) and a few Lego jumps and a play-place like area. But we needed two hours to run around in a X-man zone before we were able to go to his cousin's first birthday party, where I wasn't sure there would be any other children besides the birthday boy.

And, um, there were some coupons for Legoland, so I didn't feel too bad. I figure I've paid more to go see terrible movies that left my kid not at all tired and didn't require him to have the mental interest to build something. Here he is racing his car.



We were at the birthday party at Pop's Pizza in Roselle until 4:30 p.m. Then we hit the road. We stopped in Bolingbrook to go to Ikea (I like that one MUCH better than the Schaumburg location). The playroom was full, which made X-man a little sad, but I did pre-warn him that that might happen. So, he walked through the store with me, which he liked. "It's like a museum of furniture!"

We found me the cups I was looking for for my class. And we found a medium and mini sized elephant combo to go with the giant elephant I bought him there a couple years ago. So Sula the elephant now has two babies, Biggie and Little (I was hoping the little one would be Biggie and he'd name the little one Tiny, but alas, he thought it was too confusing).

We left the house at 8:30 a.m. We returned to the house at 8:34 p.m. The whole day there was no whining, complaining, arguing or yelling. It was just fun all day long, even with the long car ride.

Now, it's time to clean my house for my father's arrival.

Let the laundry begin!

No comments: