Thursday, January 5, 2012

roar

Lowercase enthusiasm is all I've got in me tonight.

We're studying Dinosaurs at school for the next few weeks. I introduced the T-Rex and Brachiosaurus today to the children and we talked about herbivores and carnivores. They liked acting like a dinosaur and following me around the room and doing the dino-pokey. Ms. Rachel had an art activity for them to and we had a generally good first day with two new-to-us students.

In fact, work is going along swimmingly.

So why, after I dropped off X-man at school this morning did I just want to go home and have my house to myself and clean it?

And why when I did get home after a weight training workout and Rotary meeting, did I take a hot bath and then crawl into bed around 4:45 p.m. only to be woken by MacTroll bringing X-man upstairs for bath time at 7 p.m.? He thought I'd gone to Weight Management and didn't even know I was home. Oops on both counts.

In my defense, I did put clean sheets on the bed today, do some laundry, return some library books, call my chiropractor and pick up Lily from doggie daycare. So, it's not like I was completely useless.

There's just always so much to do. And it feels like the same stuff over and over and over again. And I'm just so -- tired.

Does that make any sense?

1 comment:

The Fearless Freak said...

The post holiday let down is rough. I cleaned like crazy the week between Christmas and New Year and haven't been motivated to stay on top of it since then. Of course, I've been stupidly busy and haven't really had time to stay on top of it, but even when I do (like right now), I'm just looking around going "meh" an reading blogs instead :)