Monday, January 2, 2012

The Other One Can Stay, Too

Sure, they both forgot to throw away their ice cream sandwich wrappers tonight after dessert. But they did cook themselves dinner and they ran the dishwasher.

On top of it MacTroll has been really awesome lately. Every time I get in my car, I swear at myself for forgetting (or being to lazy) to get gas. And, like magic, he's filled the tank at some point.

X-man is reliving some monster fears at bedtime, and MacTroll lays with him every night to calm him down.

We're going to San José in a couple of weeks to neighborhood shop. (Remind me to call the schools to get tours while we're there.) The other day and a half we were going to wander around and check out things in the area like Muir Woods.

MacTroll had wanted to go to Half Moon Bay, but then when he was looking at lodging, he realized the Ritz resort everyone had told him about was $500 per night. He told me I was worth it. I said -- I thought he was insane. So he kept looking.

Yesterday, he sat down with my Vegetarian Times magazine and read it. Then he promptly pitched me the idea of staying at a Vegan Resort north of San Francisco that was featured in the magazine called Stanford Inn by the Sea. That's right... the meat and potatoes guy who gags at most green vegetables pitched it to me. I nodded that it sounded fun. So, he booked it today.

This is the first time in 20 years that MacTroll has taken on full responsibility for booking a vacation. Minus the trip we took to Jamaica where he found the hot travel agent who just took his credit card number and delivered us tickets.

It feels special. It makes me feel special. And that's kind of a nice thing.

1 comment:

ktdid said...

Yeah, on all counts!