Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012, 2012, 20, 20, 20, 2012!

Historically, I have not been a fan of New Year's. But in the last few years, I've been coming around on New Year's... and celebrating my birthday. 

Last night we got the best of both worlds when we got to visit the Freak house and hang out with our buds for a couple hours before coming home and heading down to our GwenTen's house. Both parties were lovely, and it was good to see everyone. 

I thought I was going to get pretty seriously happy (i.e. have more than two drinks), but since I spaced my three drinks over 5 hours, there were no serious side effects. And Mrs. GwenTen is an expert margarita maker. She has the whole hood hooked. 

But this morning, I've reached the end of my ability to "lay like broccoli." We've been just hanging out, pretty much this whole winter vacation. And while I like the extra sleep and the comfort of my fuzzy pajama bottoms, I've had enough. 

Plus, even though it's stupid warm outside, the wind kicked up last night. It was whacking into the house around 4 a.m. and it woke me up. Then it woke up Lily, and MacTroll and I took turns dealing with her morning neuroses. :-) 

So, now that my breakfast has been consumed, I'm off to get into some warm clothes to get out there and  walk lily. She and I are going 5 miles today... because it's the start of my workout plan from my trainer. I now have workouts to do six days a week. It makes me feel better. But it also means I have to get better at time management. 

I also have $50 at REI to spend, and I'm having trouble deciding what to get... There are so many things. that I want. Guess I'll have to think about it! 

No comments: