Friday, January 6, 2012

Sleeping and Eating

I have been getting sleep in very short amounts lately. About five days ago, my back and hips started to go sore but only at night when I'm lying down. It felt like when I was 7 months pregnant and had to use my upper body to pull myself into a seated position to get out of bed. Once I'm up I'm fine...

So I called the chiropractor yesterday and he got me in at 3:15 p.m. today. And holy hell, was I all out of whack. I haven't been to the chiropractor in two years. Ever since he did some great work on my foot and general back issue work. My insurance only pays, really, for medical needs. They anticipate something should be fixed in five sessions -- and if it's not, it comes out of my pocket.

What's funny is that Dr. Gray put me in the same position that I've been trying to adjust myself all week. Get to the end of the bed, bend your top leg and then put pressure on the back side to get everything all lined up because as it is now, I have undue stress on my SI joint, which is what is causing the night time pain. I couldn't get it to go back in place tonight, but he sure did. Then I got "lasered."

I made two more recipes tonight. One is a side dish that is nothing to write home about, so I won't bother you with that one. But I made something else called a Tortilla Lasagna tonight, which uses toasted tortillas in place of lasagna noodles, and obviously the tomato and cheese mixture is more southwestern than Italian.

Just as a warning, mine did NOT look as pretty as the photo with the recipe was. It was really more like a casserole, so I scooped it out. I also used zucchini... because I didn't have time to hunt down a chayote.

And that's all about all I have in me. I wish I would have gotten in a run before going to the chiropractor, but it didn't work that way, and now my body is too sore. So, I'll have to try tomorrow in my circuit class to glue it all together. That's at 7:30 a.m., and I have to admit, I'm eyeing the clock, wondering if I took the Aleve for my back now, if I could sleep for the next 12 hours, and then just drive like a bat out of hell to Kari's for my morning workout.

No comments: