Sunday, January 8, 2012

Forward, back, forward again

This morning I got up and went for a 4-mile run. It wasn't crazy cold outside, but it was 27, which is the coldest it's been this winter. I'm guessing since we got the screws put to us last year, this year we're having a mild, mild winter to make up for it.

Anyway, after my run, I peeled off my sweaty clothes, washed my face, brushed my teeth, put on more deodorant and clothes and ran out the door to go to the 9:30 Gentle Yoga class at Amara.

I got there and the owner looked at me dumbfounded. Apparently, the class -- that I invited two people to join me at -- was at 9 a.m. Oops.

So I waited until the class was over and apologized to my friend. I really did feel like a dolt. Then I put my tail between my legs and picked up some tofu at the Coop. And then made a run to Meijer.

After lunch, I took Lily for a walk at Meadowbrook with a buddy. We had a nice time chatting and she really did a lot to bolster my confidence.

Because my brain has been lacking in dopamine lately... so, you know, I could use some support to pick my butt off of the floor.

After the walk, I ran down to Tolono to return the movies we took out last week and to pick up a slew of Dinosaur books for my unit at school. Then I started making dinner.

I'll post photos of it a little later, if it's any good. :-)

No comments: