Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Night

I let X-man stay up an extra 30 minutes to gaze at the electoral map on the iPad. He really liked trying to guess which states would vote for which candidate. But he was very sad that he only got to make the map of the states red or blue. He liked that in some areas there was a "green" option for the libertarians. He thinks we should have more political parties, and I totally agree with him.

It was nice, sitting in our living room switching between equally lame iTV political news from WSJ live and Fox News (the B team). I had a mug of hot cocoa with marshmallows. MacTroll rubbed my lame foot. When he makes circles around certain parts of my incision scar it feels like there's some kind of worm or fish swimming around just behind where his finger is touching. It's kind of creepy. I also have lots of tender spots in my foot along the bottom that are more like little knots.

We also kept our iPads in our laps going back and forth between different news sites reading different headlines.

Then at 11:20 p.m. I turned in to bed. I'm tired, but happy. Election night always makes me anxious. It's like waiting for Christmas morning if you win. But it's like the Grinch came if you lose. I think 2000 was the worst election ever. I hate close races. Any time lawyers are involved -- I get nervous.


No comments: