Saturday, November 21, 2009

Anxious... for results

I'm about to leave to run a 5k in Mahomet to benefit the library there. Last year 167 runners turned out. And from the results they were really really fast (like under 25 minutes). I am not that fast. But it's a lovely and sunny morning, so I'm just going to go and enjoy my run and my new playlist of music that is mostly infused with songs from the Glee soundtrack. I wish I could sleep past 7 a.m. again. I miss it. Even when I'm away, my body still wakes up at that time. Stupid inner alarm clock.

Update: results are in. I ran in a 31:44. About 11 seconds faster than the Rattlesnake Master. There were some hills though. And I ended up having some fans... my JV soccer coach and his family (who were the kind of family friends we spent New Year's and holidays with when I was a toddler). :-) It was awesome to run into them.

1 comment:

Quigs78 said...

That is a fantastic time! Neil said that at the rate you're going, you're going to end up running the marathon yourself next year. :)