Friday, November 13, 2009

Crap, I'm one of those girls

So, MacTroll's current travel was him away last Saturday a.m. until late tomorrow night. X-man and I are driving up to Chicago to drive him home on Sunday from his mother's 70th birthday celebration. The child and I are hoping for clear skies so we can go to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I haven't been since high school, and X-man desperately needs some outdoor time. My sister is hoping to meet us there.

But my biggest excitement for Sunday didn't come from MacTroll rejoining our family (he's leaving again next Thursday for 48 hours). It came from the chance that I might have to run on the lake shore on Sunday morning!

I also made it clear that I was going to try to get out of dodge Tuesday and go somewhere. I'm currently looking at quaint Illinois tourism towns with inns and B&Bs with trails nearby... to run on. A running get away. How sad is that?

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I'm not against driving up to 3 hours in any direction... big kudos if they're near an Ikea. :-) Aaah, I love Ikea.

No comments: