Saturday, November 28, 2009

Grazing like a freaking cow

So yesterday was leftover day. We ate leftovers for lunch and dinner. But we also grazed all day, which is never good. I wrote everything down, but it was a pretty yucky number of calories by the time it was calculated. I felt better after I ran, but even with the 500 calories I burned, the number was 400 more calories than it should have been.

Today has been way more controlled. I planned out the day and the calories like I usually do. I don't know why I didn't do it on Friday. Probably because I was focused on getting through Thursday (which I did fine).

Today, it's 12:30 p.m. and I'm still in my pajamas. I was hoping MacTroll would get X-man to the store by 10:30 a.m., but no such luck. Only one of them is dressed. So I guess we won't get to the Bob the Builder store AND the Tolono library today. Oh well.

I'm about to go upstairs and change into some clothes. In 30 minutes I'm going out for a 75-minute run. My goal is to try and break 7 miles. (I've gotten within .03 miles.) My last 5k of 2009 is next weekend. And then I'm going to have to focus on longer distances for the relay run in May. I've got a list of runs in the area, and some out of the area for me to focus on. I also picked up a real swim suit from Body N Sole yesterday, so I can start swimming laps at lunch time at the Urbana Aquatic Center next semester, in order to start training for the mini tri in the Toronto Islands August 14-15.

Deep breath... Taking the next step, and the training calendar (so far) of races might look something like this in 2010:

Groundhog (7-mile) -- Zionsville, IN -- Feb. 7
Penguin in the Park in Decatur (5k)-- March
Lake Sara Dam Run in Effingham (8 miles) -- April
Bricks to Bricks in Indianapolis (10 miles)-- April
Illinois Marathon Relay (10k) -- May 1
Mini -Tri Champaign -- August
Toronto Island Mini Tri (400 m swim, 12k bike, 2.5k run)-- August 14/15
Parc Fontaine Classic in Montreal (10k) -- Oct. 17
Half Marathon in Montreal or Vancouver (13.1 miles)-- Spring 2011

1 comment:

Andrina said...

Ooooh, the half in Vancouver is pretty... I've run some of that route, and biked some of it - the scenery may be just enough to not focus on the fact you're running a half marathon! :-D