Sunday, May 22, 2011

It is with Great Sadness that I Report...

Dr. Mary contacted us today. Riley has splenic hemangiosarcoma. We'll be making him as happy and as comfortable as we can for whatever time he has left. He's not a candidate to have his spleen removed due to the fact that he is so anemic that his platelet count is currently so low that his blood will not clot. Even though the ultrasound didn't show any mets, the fact that his mobility is limited is a strong indicator that tumors have disrupted his central nervous system.

We'll be trying to do all of his favorite things while we can do them while we prepare to say goodbye.

I hate cancer. Hate it.

3 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Saying 'I'm sorry' doesn't even begin to cover it. If there is anything at all that I can do, please let me know.

I'm sending you all peace and comfort. *hugs*

iamarogers said...

I am so sorry. I know that you will give him the best goodbye an owner ever could.

Dana said...

So, so sorry. I hope you are able to do many of his favorite things in the time you have. Please let me know if I can help out with anything.