Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tuesday is Bike to Work Day

I work at MMO regularly on Tuesdays and Fridays. Because of some staff shortage, I've been filling in one extra day a week pretty much all of April. It's been fun, but on Tuesday, I'm going to probably take on a little to much and for this, anyone out in the reading area that has weather control within your realm of magical powers, could you please make it not rain on Tuesday morning?

Last year, the whole family pedaled from our house to Next Generation to drop X-man off at school o Bike to Work Day. This includes a "stop by" at a table where I get a t-shirt and some info on local biking and a snack for X-man. We normally bike to Next Gen at least once a day when the weather is nice, but the weather isn't usually nice enough to do it regularly until May. My hope is that this summer, we'll be biking everywhere on our bicycle built for two.

But I have to be at work on Tuesday by 8:15 a.m., which means X-man will need to be at Next Gen by 8 a.m. at the latest, so I can get to work on time. Thus our estimated departure time from the house is 7:30 a.m. -- the time when X-man is usually waking up.

Yes, I know. I'm a glutton for punishment.

No comments: