Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Body Breakdown

So in December and January, I noticed that I was feeling fatigue again. On top of the wanting to roll over and sleep from 2 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next day every morning, I realized I was carb loading. I thought it was to stay awake from the fatigue. So, my doc ordered some bloodwork.

My ferritin level is still holding in the low end of the "normal," but I popped up moderately vitamin D deficient. Like enough so that the over the counter supplement won't help and I have to pick up a prescription to consume 50,000 units of vitamin D for the next 8 weeks. They call it the "sunshine" pill.

So here's hoping that in 2 months... I'll be back up to norm. But the side effects include feelings of fatigue, high feelings of anxiety, depression and often carb-based overeating. Shock!

No comments: