Sunday, February 5, 2012

Winter Cooking in the -- Spring?

Yes, I know that Mother Nature has been, um, asleep at the wheel this winter after dishing out last winter's craziness. There hasn't been any sledding or building snowmen or shoveling. Don't tell my cooking magazines that because they've still been dutifully sending me winter-focused recipes including soups and chili. And this week I've made two that are actually worth a damn, so I'm sharing them with you. Yes, they're both vegetarian, but they're filling. So, you know, if you're freezing while it's 56 degrees and sunny on February whatever this week... give one of these a try.

Both are dump and stirs into big pots. They take 25 minutes to prep and around 40 minutes to cook.

Quinoa and Roasted Pepper Chili 

White Bean and Hominy Chili (If you're looking for the Fields Roast Mexican Chipotle Sausage, I know they carry it at the Coop. And yes, this one has some spice to it!).

No comments: