Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm lying in bed with a MacBook on my lap hungry. It's really pretty sad, but I am -- hungry. I swear I'm looking up food online just to stare at it. It just goes to show that I need to get up, turn off the lights and go to sleep so I can get up for Kari's circuit class tomorrow.

Since I've been sad and nervous and tired since Thanksgiving because of all the craziness that's been going on, I've been doing a lot of emotional eating.

Last night at weight management, I finally looked at the number. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't any surprise, but sometimes, I feel like I do this to myself. Like I need a goal to aspire to. Because I don't know what to do when I get to the place where I'm okay with how things are to stay that way. Life happens and I sabotage. It's pretty terrible.

Anyway, I downloaded the Lose It! App on my phone yesterday during class. Another person uses it and it's free, so I figured I'd go for it. It has one of those barcode scanners that uses your camera to determine what you're eating so you can record faster. I love that!

I've always poo pooed apps because they took a lot of work to do the input or set up "regular food" lists. This one so far has been pretty awesome.

Tomorrow is a slow day, which is good because Sunday is full of crazy fun. In fact, every weekend is full of at least one day of crazy fun from now until -- April 13. Seriously. Isn't that awesome?

The other nice thing this week is that I had two teachers pay me compliments at school. It was really nice of them, and I found it encouraging. One said I was patient and had a good tone. One was complimentary that I wasn't phased by much.

It made my day. And I'm thankful for such a wonderful workplace to go to every day.

No comments: