Monday, October 29, 2012

I Won't Back Down

Woot! Woot! Woot! I stood on the scale this morning and I can put over 100 lbs on my foot without any pain. This is great news! I called my doctor this morning all proud that it took me 7 days of trying to get it up to 100.

The nurse was less enthused than I was. "That's great, but it's a bit over 50 percent of your weight. You probably didn't hurt it, but we don't want you to go above 90 lbs."

Then I asked what my next step was. I was sad when she said that besides pointing and flexing my foot, this is all I'm allowed to do until my next appointment on Nov. 7. Sad panda. Damn it. I want to walk.

I did get a call the other day from a friend who is in a similar situation. We've taken to chatting with each other to keep each other from going crazy in our restricted movement.

Other than that... it's me and Anthony Bourdain today.


No comments: