Friday, October 5, 2012

The Little Sad

Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I got sad. I could hear MacTroll and X-man upstairs and wanted to be near my family.

I lay down with my foot up on the pillows feeling ostracized.

Then I said, "Fuck this."

I got up on the crutches and made my way upstairs. When I was three stairs from the top, MacTroll met me. "What are you doing?"

"I miss my family. I want to go upstairs."

And so I did. Since the sensitivity of the staples has been reduced. I didn't have to worry about cats walking across my leg. I slept for the first time in my own bed with MacTroll and Lily and it felt -- not lonely.

Then in the middle of the night a thunderstorm came through. The window was open a crack. It was lovely to hear and smell the rain.

Even though it's not sunny and bright today. I feel more sunny and bright. Plus, I have a very cuddly puppy. I don't think I want to go back downstairs for a while.


No comments: