Friday, June 15, 2012

The Quiet Life

I've been lying in bed for an hour doing "internet things." Maya is asleep above my head on the pillow. Clawdio is stretched out along my left leg. Lily is sleeping horizontally on the bed between MacTroll and I, so we make an H, and Luke is sleeping at MacTroll's feet.

Everyone except X-man is in the bed. Periodically a bunch of purrs will break out. (Right now it's Luke.) Sometimes Lily will start dreaming. Sometimes MacTroll will snore.

X-man has found it possible in the three weeks since school got out to completely deviate from his normal schedule of going to sleep at 8:30 p.m. and waking at 6:30 a.m. He's now doing a 9:30 p.m. to 8:30 thing, but next week he'll have to adjust back to an 8:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. to make it to Lego Camp at the Orpheum by 8:30 a.m.

The animals, though, usually wake us up at 6 a.m. to go out and get fed, so lying here is a nice change of pace. Even when I got up to pee, no one left the bedroom. They just scampered off when I lumbered to the bathroom, and then piled back onto the bed when I crawled under the covers again.

In the early mornings, I've been getting up and walking. My route runs me nearly 90-100 minutes. And I can cover 5-6 miles, depending on how my foot is feeling. I come back sweaty, but happy I've done it. Yesterday, I did the walk in the a.m. and then I did a follow up walk with a walking buddy I haven't seen in a few weeks due to vacation in the P.M. I was supposed to go meet up with the teacher's at Cowboy Monkey, but I totally forgot. Calorie-wise, it was probably a better choice to walk, though.

Today, I'm taking X-man to the Y. He's going to play in the playroom, while I do workout B on the plan that Kari gave me last winter and that I didn't have time to do during the school year (i.e. I didn't set aside enough time to myself). I did workout A on Wednesday, and it felt really good. My triceps, biceps and shoulders felt dutifully used the next morning. But it'll feel nice to feel strong again. I've missed that, feeling like I can take on the world.

Other than that, I've been getting estimates on fence painting and I have a handyman helping me with some projects around the house. I need to give a plumber a call and someone to come and fix the lock on my oven, which has been busted for over a year. My lawn is getting mowed every five days, which is insane, but I attribute it to actually having a lawn service this year that works. And every week, I've bend ripping off things to Goodwill, the Tolono Library and the IDEA store to get them out of my house. It's very cleansing.

Moving is going to be the ultimate cleanse. I'm kind of excited.

No comments: