Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Vacation

We just returned from our first summer vacation. We left to go see family in Maryland the day after school got out. But first, MacTroll had some meetings he had to take care of in Virginia so we found ourselves in downtown DC for the first time in a long while.

In that time, I took X-man to the Smithsonian to Bluemont Junction Playground in Arlington and to the Melting Pot for his first fondue meal (where we met back up with Mactroll for dinner). We also tried a new-to-us place for breakfast in Foggy Bottom near my old apartment for breakfast called the Founding Farmers which was wonderful.

But mostly, it was nice to see how the old hoods have grown. Even if it meant that Generous George's pizza in Alexandria isn't there any more!

Being that it was last minute, and I had X with me, I didn't get to see any of our peeps except for Ian of the East and his lovely wife ML. One of these days, I'm going to go back with a healthy foot to run the Tidal Basin and by myself so I can see everyone.

I'll post the photos from our Maryland part of the trip tomorrow. :-)







No comments: