Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Yawwwnnnn

So, it's summer, and lately it's been cooler in the afternoon. I've been getting up every morning and exercising. Sometimes it's a water-related exercise class, sometimes it's a 6-mile walk, sometimes it's weight training. Whatever it is I make sure I'm active between 60-90 minutes at least six days a week with a rest day. It makes me feel good. Today, I left aqua running at 10 a.m. exhausted. We inserted 30 second sprints and did them 15 times over the course of an hour.

But, I'm finding that after lunch, I'm ready for a siesta. I figure it's no worries because I can ice my foot and stay off of it for a bit. I have been dutifully reading books too. Unfortunately, I keep going back and forth between fiction and non-fiction.

My current non-fiction books is written by a scientist who used the test kitchen at U of I to figure out how people eat more than they think they do. It's called Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink. The fiction book is one I've had on my book shelf for years and for whatever reason (probably because it's a large hardback) haven't sat down and read -- Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen. I think I'd feel more accomplished if I just stuck to one. Alas, my nature has me going back and forth and back and forth.

I played my first sand volleyball game tonight with my team the Blockheads. Out of the six teams in the league four of them are made up of law students. Our team is all made up of people over the age of 30... most of us over the age of 35. But, we did win best of three games tonight, so hooray!

The best news was that my foot didn't hurt the whole time in the sand, but I am noticing foot  mobility issues. When I point and flex my left foot it goes much further than when I do my right foot. I was useless at jumping, but diving was fine. I'm making a list of things to take into the podiatrist tomorrow, and I'm seriously thinking about drawing on my leg with marker to show him where I'm hurting.

After volleyball, MacTroll and I got to eat out together at Houlihan's. It was such a beautiful night to eat outside.


No comments: