Sunday, September 11, 2011

And the Winner Is -- St. Louis

Today, MacTroll, X-man, Papa and I got on a bus at the Savoy Recreation Center and went to watch a Cardinals baseball game. It was X-man's first St. Louis game and second MLB game. (The four of us went to see the White Sox last year.) This was a much more exciting game as the Cardinals won their 12th in a row. They're chasing a wild card entry into the finals and the team they beat (Atlanta Braves) is also trying to earn a wild card.

I'd found a Pujols jersey on sale at Kohl's a few weeks ago, so I bought it for X-man. He was excited about going and grateful that Papa bought him a cool new Cardinals hat while we were waiting to get into the stadium. Then we all sat down for lunch.

As it turns out, the food options in Busch aren't that great. I had a pretzel and shared a diet soda with X-man for lunch before I went to scope out the "Farmer's Market" for the vegetarian and gluten-free crowd. As it turns out, the items there were -- and this is no surprise -- pretty lacking.

But since it was such a warm day today, I just kept drinking diet sodas and not worrying about food. We watched a lovely game where the Cardinals beat the Braves 6-3. And then we walked in the door at our house at 6:45 p.m. and I was starving.

I sat down with some leftovers and enjoyed them while the guys ordered pizza. It was such a fast weekend. But we're all very excited because next weekend is Orchard Days in Savoy in Dana Colbert Park which = CARNIVAL in our backyard.

If you go, I'll selling pork sandwiches with the Rotary Club from 11 a.m. to whenever on Saturday before I need to take X-man to his first Illini football game that night.

Hope to see you there!

No comments: