Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hooray for X-man

Well, in my sea of randomness, one gold star came out of today. X-man got off the bus and said, "Mom -- I had a no checks day!"

He did completely tear apart his left sock, but I guess it's way better to ruin socks than to not be able to keep his hands off his friends or backtalk to his teachers, right?

He got his Legos back and went to a playdate/birthday party tonight.

I'm so proud of him for working so hard this week. I talked to his principal on Monday. They've done three observations of him so far. X-man also showed him his socks (which at the end of the day had disintegrated to nothing and he said the two checks he got were for picking his socks rather than paying attention). He started to cry when he showed them to Mr. Scott, but Mr. Scott reassured him that he wasn't angry at him for having sock picking issues... but that maybe I would be because I'm the one having to buy new ones.

They've had different people do the observations, so we'll see what they come back with. They weren't definitive yet.

Right now he's keeping his fingers crossed that Mrs. Burt, the music teacher, holds her after school dance club on Mondays and allows kindergarteners to go... He totally loves music class.

No comments: