Sunday, September 25, 2011

A New Morning

Last night the Rotary of Savoy came over for a social. MacTroll made some Montreal Smoked Meat and some Vegetarian kabobs. He also made some of his salsa. We had spent the day sad over Nyssa, so we didn't get around to doing any yardwork to make the backyard acceptable for people, but the Rotarians are a pretty nice group and they didn't mind that things weren't picture perfect.

I had had a crap week, so when MacTroll asked me what I wanted to drink, I asked for a martini. And then I drank three. (He is an EXCELLENT bartender.) But that's a lot of drinks for a girl who usually averages one light beer a month.

I fell asleep by 10:30 p.m. I woke up around 6:30 a.m. when MacTroll let Lily out. And then we they came back up together and we've been lying about half asleep ever since. X-man woke up and wandered in our room around 8:30, finding us sluggish, he went back to his room to play Legos. Later, we'll have some brunch and head out to Curtis Orchard to pay way too much for the right to pick their apples from their trees and watch X-man go down some inflatables.

It's now 9:41 a.m., and we're just starting to move around. This week is a hard week at work. Everyone and their brother is on some kind of trip, including me. I leave on Friday for Disney. I was supposed to run the Wine and Dine half marathon, but, um, can't really do that on a broken foot. Soooo, it's a Girls Weekend.

On the other hand, I get to get an update on my foot on Thursday after I give the "reflection" for Rotary (what do you think I should talk about?). We'll see how that goes.

Then the weekend of the 8th, MacTroll and I are headed up to Chicago to catch Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking Performance with my friend Womanthatrolls.

And the next weekend, MacTroll is going to do his second autocross, so X-man and I are going to head out to Rantoul to watch him a bit, now that we know we don't have to be there at 7:30 a.m. and that it runs ALL DAY. :-)

But I'm feeling strangely at peace this morning. No one in my house is suffering. My spouse and my son are pretty happy. My puppy is passed out in my spouse's arms. And I'm kind of excited about how life is going... and really, everything else just doesn't need to matter at this point. I'll worry about it later.

No comments: