Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mid-week Rush

Wednesday and Thursday are my crazy busy days.

On Wednesday, I'm up at 5:45 a.m. I drop X off at school. Then I drop Lily off at doggie daycare. Then I get to work and set up my room. We have staff meetings on Wednesdays until 1:30 p.m. Then I usually run an errand or I run home to do the dishes or the laundry. I pick up X-man at school at 2:15 p.m. and he and I go somewhere for a special snack (last week he got an ice cream at Target while we ran an errand) and then he takes tennis lessons from 3:30-4 p.m. At 4 p.m., we went to the grocery store and then we picked up Lily just before 5 p.m., came home and did his homework. He goes upstairs to play Legos while I cook dinner. We eat around 6 p.m. He has his night-time snack at 6:30. I run the bath at 6:50 p.m. and he climbs in at 7 p.m. While he's bathing I write my weekly web update for my students' parents. Then I get him out of bath and read him books for 30-40 minutes. By this time, it's a little after 8 p.m.

He goes to sleep and I head downstairs to do some lesson planning for school the next week. Tonight, I also put together the 3-minute video I shot of the orchard we went to on Sunday, since my students are too young to go on a field trip per DCFS.

Tomorrow, I'll be up again at 5:45 a.m. We'll turn in some library books in the drop box on the way to school. I'll drop X-man off and then get to school early to set up and make sure all of the items for Friday when I'm in Florida are taken care of. When I return, I get to be the director for a day while my boss is on a trip, so I want to make sure that's all ready to go. That means, tomorrow I need to buy beans and corn for the sensory table... anyway. I have to run out of the room at noon to get to Rotary. I'm giving the reflection tomorrow. Then at 2 p.m., I have an appointment with the podiatrist. I'm guessing she's going to take x-rays of my foot again to see how the stress fracture is doing. I'm prepared for five more weeks in the walking cast. I'm really hoping it's nothing more than that. Then at 4:30 p.m., I am going to my Weight Management meeting, and at 6 p.m. I take X-man to his swim lesson.

Then he's back in the bath again at 7 p.m. and I'm packing to leave for Florida the next morning. So I guess I need to squeeze in weather appropriate laundry, too...

No comments: