Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Down the Road

MacTroll and I have been talking about the future. Namely that he needs to get off the road. In that plan, we have to live somewhere where if his dynamic doesn't change at The Fruit that he can be employable at a competitive income level. For the last year or so we've been talking about moving closer to The Fruit's main campus. And it looks like, we're in agreement that unless there's some major life change, that we should put our house up for sale in the middle of X-man's first grade year (February 2013, or so).

This kind of changes -- a lot of things. But honestly, I like the idea. We have no idea how long it may take to sell our house. But we figure it couldn't hurt to change scenery. So, right now, this is the talk that's at the top of our list. It's not solid, but it's good dreaming.

Now we just have to get out to California and snoop around. I have a neighborhood in mind. It's called Willow Glen. So, I guess we'll start there and see how we feel. I do best with 5-year life plans. I like a goal to work toward. But mostly, I like the idea of being married to someone who is actually in our home more than 50 percent of the time.

No comments: