Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mother/Son Camping Adventure

KTDID  came over to try out MacTroll's smoked BBQ tonight. It was pretty good. I made a red vinegar sauce for it and we put it on sandwiches. Then she and I set up the tent in the backyard. The hope was that we'd try backyard camping for a second time... the first was a failed attempt in the Baltimore cousins' backyard where there were too many spooky noises.

Tonight's issues -- "The engines, trains and fireworks are too loud!"

So, in we went at 9:30 p.m. after an hour of reading in the tent. We read several picture books that need to be returned to the library and our second chapter book. (We're currently on chapter 5 of How to Eat Fried Worms.)

Tomorrow we're headed up to my parents' house. We're having lunch with my Mom at Rock Cut and then heading over to my Dad's. Dad thinks he's receing some tickets for a local kiddie fair, so the two of us will probably take X-man. Then we're all going to fireworks in Rockford at Tinker Cottage.

Monday is my anniversary with MacTroll. We'll have been together for 18 years. If I think about that too much, my brain hurts. Where did the time go? Oh, yeah, into a bunch of crazy adventures.

:-)

No comments: