Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Clone Wars -- Spoiler Warnings

Tonight I went out to see Clone Wars with 1/2 of the Freak Family, 1/2 of Libbygirl's family and Mr. Quigs. It was four boys and me. I ended up sitting next to RF and we Mystery Science Theatered our way through the film. 

And all I can say is: 

A pitcher of margaritas and no kids would have made that film one of my favorites. As it is, it just shows that George Lucas has become an old dirty, dirty man. 

Fight scenes were pretty in space. Lightsaber scenes weren't very stellar. Apparently it's perfectly fine to kill droids and clones (as long as they don't have a first name -- Captain Rex -- I'm talking to you.) 

After the first 10 minutes Mace Windu completely disappears, even during the ending scene when the group is all together again which makes me wonder if he was taking a bit of relaxation on Coruscant with the now unemployed dancer of Jabba's Uncle Zero. I mean, he is Samuel L. Jackson after all. 

I did have a great time with the guys though. And I extend thanks to all of the moms who took care of the little ones not present. 

Most of the voice actors did multiple characters. At the end of the credits, my favorite name appeared: I-FU YU. 

Yes, George. Yes, you did. And I paid you $8.50 for it. 

But still the free movie popcorn is never a let down. Thanks for the bucket Rogers!

1 comment:

Misc said...

Yeah, this one was made for the kiddos. Mine LOVED it, although Flynn was disappointed there were no Ewoks and Evan couldn't get enough droids (he wanted more variety).

Margaritas would make that film much more palatable.

Here's hoping the series gets better.