Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Psych out

Have you ever done something a million times and thought nothing of it and then you have to do this regular, every day thing with someone you don't want to and suddenly all these reasons why you shouldn't do that thing you've always done overwhelm your brain?

I'm having one of those moments. 

You know, like you go out to dinner all the time, but then you go with someone you love -- but who turns out to be a former wait staff person and goes all uber-critical on your server to her face to the point where you're sure there's poison or spit or worse in your food?

Have you ever been forced to go bra shopping with your grandmother, who has very different ideas (and lots of them) of the kinds of underwear a "good girl" buys?

Or you go to a Weight Watchers meeting where someone joins because she can't lose that last 5 lbs of her size 4 body without a little help, while you're still staring down the 50 lbs you have to go to weigh 50 lbs more than she does? It's not that she's not perfectly nice, but um, at that point you're overwhelmed in your neuroses and want her to reach her lifetime goal and go away. 

Or maybe, you and the rest of the herd of fat people at WW will turn on her ... MacTroll has to have a bottle of Chianti around here somewhere. Mmm, how many points would that be. I'm pretty sure even though they have a possum meat count in the guide, they didn't take the time to figure out "skinny girl."

Anyone whose been reading knows I have a lot going on this month... and that I'm scheduled down to the hour pretty much until August 18. In dealing with that, all my good habits of this summer have gone completely out the window, and I don't seem to have the time and energy right now to crawl back on the wagon (Screw the damn horse).

Seriously, I'm craving cherry limeade, butter tarts and quick food solutions that I don't make myself. I stopped walking after my vacation and it feels like months since I've gone on one rather than a little over a week. The weather is not cooperating for outdoor time. And I really, really want to blow my budget and go buy my kid a cart full of toys at Toys R Us for retail therapy, since the food therapy doesn't seem to be working out so well. 

But I just need to get through it and get over my neuroses... 

No comments: