Saturday, August 30, 2008

Our Urbana Morning

The guys and I went to the Farmer's Market today to get some sweetcorn for our Meatless Meet Up with our CARE friends this afternoon. Unfortunately the corn in our little garden isn't quite ready yet. So corn from Effingham took its place.

I had promised X-man gummi bears (his favorite candy). He likes them all, but his favorite are from Flesor's. So on our way from the market to the candy store, we took a tour through the new Common Foods Coop. OMG. I was in love. I don't know if it's just those of us who worked at the Coop at the IDC, or if it's just me, but it was beautiful. Six times bigger than the old place, and everything was so spanking new. 

In addition, the Coop is picking up where Strawberry Fields left off with the cafĂ©. Sure their menu isn't as huge, but you can run in and get lunch and sit outside on their beautiful tables. Memberships at $60 per family have their perks too -- Discounts on select products every week. 

Then we went inside the Mall that Time forgot, grabbed X-man's gummi bears and Mama's Almond Bark and walked over to La Gourmandise (sp) for brunch. X-man shared my French toast and had samples of his first Blackberry Izze. Daddy had an omelette. 

While we were sitting there I learned something very cool -- The Furniture Lounge in downtown Champaign is opening a consignment store right next to the bakery and the art gallery on Main Street. 

I found X-man's Cold War light up Globe at the original Furniture Lounge for $20 with a set of 4 espresso cups and plates for another $10 before he was born. So, if you've got fun stuff to consign furniture wise... go for it!

Now we're home and I'm shucking corn, watching a kid, baking cupcakes and blogging at the same time while MacTroll takes a rest. To his credit, he took X-man at 11:30 to pick up his luggage from his travels that never came, picked up the cat's medication and drinks for our meet up so I could have a couple hours to myself this a.m. Fair play and all that.

1 comment:

libbygirl said...

Glad you had fun over here. It's no Puerto Rico but it will do.